Teens in grades 9 – 12 are invited to submit photographs for a contest hosted by the Belton area Museum Association in conjunction with the fall exhibit Portraits: An Historic Lens.
Winners will be revealed on Saturday, Oct. 6, during the Standpipe Heritage and Arts Festival.
Prizes will be awarded to the best in show, and are provided by Walmart.
- Open to students in grades 9-12, public, private, or home school students.
- Photo must fit the theme “Not Your Parent’s Portrait.” You may adjust and edit your image, including cropping, brightness, contrast, etc. Color and Black&White images may be submitted.
- No offensive images will be accepted.
- Submitted photo must be either 8 ½ X11 or 8X10. No more than 2 submitted photographs per person will be accepted.
- Photographs will be judged by a panel of judges selected by BAMA. The images will be primarily judged on the overall beauty, power, creativity, skill, and originality of the images. It will be judged ‘blindly’, which means the photographer will remain anonymous throughout the judging process.
- All photos must be submitted by September 28, 2018 by 2 PM.
Complete the accompanying application and get your photograph submitted today!